Friday, June 1, 2018

I love to bake bread

OLIVE BREADSTICKS

My wife and I watched the Great British Bakeoff master class on television. I liked what I saw, so I chose an olive breadstick as my first trial, to see if I could replicate it. Here's my American version:

Make dough for 32-36 sticks: 

1200g bread flour
  800 ml water
    20g salt
    20g yeast 



Mix in large glass bowl for 10 mins using mixer with dough hook 


Pour in 4 tablespoons of olive oil


Gently add in 400g small pitted green olives


Divide into two batches and proof for 1 hr in shallow rectangular plastic bin


When doubled or more in size, gently pour out on generously floured board


Stretch into a rectangle without pressing down on the dough


Cut strips one olive wide about 8-10" long (a bit crooked is ok for the artisanal look)


Place on parchment paper covered baking sheet - about 6-8 on each baking sheet 


Bake at 425° F for 15-18 minutes


Cool on a rack


Serve as you wish








No comments:

Post a Comment

New "Let Time Do The Work" Bread recipe

 THIS IS A 2023 UPDATE TO PRIOR VERSIONS OF MIKE'S "LET TIME DO THE WORK"  BREAD RECIPES POSTED HERE The ingredients in this s...